Owner and Founder of Om Yoga Journey
NAMA certified Ayurveda Practitioner, C-IAYT Certified Yoga therapist, E-RYT 500 & Nutritionist
As an Ayurveda practitioner and Yoga Teacher, Arpita’s intention is to integrate the sister sciences of Ayurveda and yoga to provide a unique class with a holistic approach to the mind, body, and spirit. For Arpita, sharing the beauty of Ayurveda, nutrition and yoga with her clients is truly a gift in her life.
Arpita has earned a BS degree in Nutrition and an MBA from Texas Woman´s University. She is also a 500-hour registered yoga teacher and NAMA registered Ayurvedic Practitioner. She has had the privilege of studying under very talented international teachers such as Rod Stryker, Dharma Mittra, Judith Lasater, Leslie Kaminoff, Doug Keller, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait and Ayurveda Guru Dr. Vasant Lad. Besides her regular teaching schedule, Arpita also offers private yoga therapy, one on one nutrition/Ayurveda consultation, teacher training, and yoga retreats. Additionally, she regularly conducts Ayurveda and yoga related workshops locally and internationally.
Arpita feels tremendous gratitude toward all her teachers for supporting her growth, and is thankful to her students for giving her this opportunity to share the journey of yoga.
Arpita is a member of Yoga Alliance (YA), National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA), and the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Finally, One famous sloka in Bhagavad-Gita says it all:
Yoga karmas kaushalam
Yoga is Relaxation in action and efficiency in the outcome
So let´s all focus on our work and not the results. See you on the mat. Namaste!!
- BS in Nutrition & MBA from Texas Woman’s University
- NAMA certified Ayurveda Practitioner
- C-IAYT Certified Yoga therapist
- Certified Ayurveda Yoga Therapist
- Advance Ayurveda Training with Dr. Vasant Lad
- 500 hr. CRT, E-RYT
- 200 hr E-RYT
Ayurveda Training & Certificates:
- Ayurvedic Clinical Mentoring Webinars for Practitioners – October, 2016
- Women’s Herbal Intensive – June, 2016
- Kayachikitsa I: Management of Digestive System & Metabolic Disorders – April, 2016
- Ayurvedic Formulation Making Course – April, 2016
- Ashtanga Hridayam -Kerela Acedamy – January, 2016
- Ayurveda and Mind with Dr. Vasant Lad – June, 2015
- Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Training with Dr. Marc Halpern – March, 2015
- Marma Chikitsa Training with Dr. Vasant Lad – June, 2014
- 6 Weeks Advanced Clinical Gurukula Program with Dr. Vasant Lad, Pune, India – December, 2013
- The Ayurvedic Art of Health and Healing Training with Dr. Vasant Lad
- Pulse Practicum Training with Dr. Vasant Lad – June, 2013
- Home Remedies Training with Dr. Vasant Lad – July, 2011
- Ayurveda Practitioner – December, 2011
Yoga Training & Certificates:
- Tantra, Path of Beauty & Bliss Intensive – September, 2015
- Vinyasa Krama: The Energetics of Sequencing – September, 2014
- ParaYoga Master Training with Rod Stryker: Marma: Principles of Enlightened Practice – April, 2012
- ParaYoga Master Training with Rod Stryker: Vinyasa Krama: The Energetics of Sequencing – September, 2010
- ParaYoga Master Training with Rod Stryker: Tantra Yoga Immersion – September, 2012
- ParaYoga Master Class with Rod Stryker: Tantra Vinyasa: Asana, Bandha, Mudra – September, 2012
- Moving from the organs Experiential Advanced Teacher Training with Judith Hanson Lasater – January, 2011
- Yoga Anatomy and the Breathing Body weekend Immersion with Leslie Kaminoff – September, 2010
- Hatha Yoga and Therapeutics weekend Immersion with Doug Keller – January, 2010