50 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU/s provided.
The training consist of 2 modules, total of 50 hours. it will cover:
- History of Ayurveda and Sankhya philosophy
- Five Element Theory concepts
- Concepts of Prana, Tejas and Ojas in yoga class
- Concepts of Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas
- Create and adapt yoga classes base on Ayurveda principles
- Understand Ayurvedic variables for sequencing yoga class
- How to teach Vata, Pitta and kapha yoga classes
- Energetics of Ayurvedic asanas
- Pranayama and meditation for balancing the three doshas
Note: pre-requisites for this training are Previous Yoga teacher certification. (200 YTT or 500 YTT). ]
$1000 (consist of $100 registration fee and $450 per module)
For more information or to register please contact Arpita Shah using the contact form on this page.
- Module 1: Ayurveda: History and Introduction to Sankhya philosophy: Jan19-21,2018
- Module 2: Ayurveda Yoga Therapy: Feb 16-18, 2018
As a yoga teacher, learning the fundamentals of Ayurveda is essential in guiding students through practices that will help them with not only improving Asana practice but also establishing balance in their body and mind through specific poses, pranayama, foods and routines. Without a basic understanding of the seasons and doshas, we may unintentionally leave our students in a state of aggravation instead of ease. Arpita Shah is an incredible teacher, practitioner and leader in Ayurveda and we are fortunate enough to have her in the DFW area! Her training is thorough and her knowledge is continually growing as a dedicated, lifelong learner in yoga and Ayurveda. You can trust that Arpita has your best interests at heart and works to help you find balance in not only your life but is available to consult about your clients’ lives as well as you grow your practice. For the past 8 years, I have said that Yoga has changed my life for the better. Now, sister science, Ayurveda has taken my practice to another level of awareness and overall wellness.